Officially released in January 2020, The Vegan Armenian Kitchen Cookbook is a self-published project between Lena, the author and recipe developer, and Siroon, the photographer and food stylist. Filled with over 115 recipes, the cookbook highlights the plant-based and Lenten staples present in both Armenia and the diaspora, and includes a selection of veganized classics.
While the recipes are the main component of this venture, The Vegan Armenian Kitchen Cookbook is an all-in-one resource for Armenian cooking which is intertwined with its rich culture and heritage. From food idioms and detailed explanations on dishes, names and customs, to pantry staples, menu pairing and holiday planning, The Vegan Armenian Kitchen Cookbook will be an invaluable tool that will serve not only to educate and fascinate readers on Armenian cuisine and history, but also inspire them to create the plant-based and veganized dishes in their own kitchen!
On June 16, 2021, it was announced that The Vegan Armenian Kitchen Cookbook was shortlisted for the Taste Canada Awards! The Taste Canada Awards “annually honours superior writing and publishing throughout Canada’s culinary community, in English and French”. The Vegan Armenian Kitchen Cookbook is shortlisted in the Regional/Cultural Cookbooks category of the 2021 Taste Canada Awards, and the winners will be announced on November 14, 2021!
A portion of proceeds from every cookbook benefits Centaur Animal-Assisted Therapy and Rescue Center in Ushi, Armenia.
Where (else) to buy:
- Zangak Publishing House: 49/2 Komitas Avenue, Yerevan, Armenia
- Artbridge Bookstore Cafe: 20 Abovyan Street, Yerevan, Armenia
- National Library of Armenia: 72 Teryan St, Yerevan, Armenia
- Hamazkayin Bookstore: 45 Hallcrown Place, Toronto, Ontario
- YamChops: 705 College Street, Toronto, Ontario
- Mamajoun Armenian Pizzeria: 209 Ellesmere Rd, Unit #6, Scarborough, Ontario
- Antikka Cafe & Records: 960 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church: 920 Progress Ave, Scarborough, Ontario
- 57 Végane: 5475 Royalmount Ave #107, Mount Royal, Quebec
- Abril Books: 415 E Broadway, Glendale, California
- Sardarabad Bookstore: 225 S Glendale Avenue, Suite B, Glendale, California
- HayPost: 124 N Brand Blvd, Glendale, California
- Gravel Florals and Curiosities: 938 N. Brand Blvd, Glendale, California
- Armenian Museum of America: 65 Main St, Watertown, Massachusetts
- National Association for Armenian Studies and Research: 395 Concord Ave, Belmont, Massachusetts
- Arax Market: 585 Mt Auburn St #4154, Watertown, Massachusetts
- St. John Armenian Church: 22001 Northwestern Hwy, Southfield, Michigan
- AGBU Bookstore: 55 E 59th St, New York, NY
- Sts. Constantine & Helen Antiochian Orthodox Church Bookstore: 1225 E. Rosemeade Pkwy, Carrollton, Texas